 Robotics / 19929
Re: New RCX sensor: Wire guidance sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 22:34:39 GMT

very good application-idea Philippe,
and nicely implemented !

Looking at your idea, brings me on another idea.
Shouldn't it be possible to build another wire-follower, consisting of
just 1 wire, fed by a DC source and a measured with a Hall-sensor?

best regards,
Stef Mientki

Philippe Hurbain wrote:
Inspired by vehicles moving precisely along the roads in Miniland, I have
created this homebrew sensor, which allows a RCX robot to follow a wire track.

Since distance between sensor and wire can exceed 1 cm, the wire may even be
hidden below carpet...

See it at http://www.philohome.com/sensors/filoguide.htm

Plug in your sordering irons!!!

Philo