 Robotics / 19931
Re: New RCX sensor: Wire guidance sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 04:00:30 GMT

This is beautiful!

I, too, have been inspired by the cars driving around Legoland (though in
California and Denmark) but my solution has been to use the light sensor on
a visible track.

It occures to me that it would be very easy to adapt your sensor to a car
with conventional front wheel steering by mounting the sensor on the
parallel steering linkage.  This is what I did with my SteerBot as well as
later steering robots that I have built but not documented.

Here is my SteerBot page.
www.lugnet.com/~726/SteerBot

Here is a photo of a more recent front wheel steering line tracker that
would take this sensor nicely.
www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=258376

Gus