 Robotics / 19934
Re: New RCX sensor: Wire guidance sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:18:40 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Gus Jansson writes:
This is beautiful!

I, too, have been inspired by the cars driving around Legoland (though in
California and Denmark) but my solution has been to use the light sensor on
a visible track.

It occures to me that it would be very easy to adapt your sensor to a car
with conventional front wheel steering by mounting the sensor on the
parallel steering linkage.
Actually the first vehicle I used to test this sensor is a rack-and-pinion
steered car, see a short video (Divx3) here:
http://philohome2.free.fr/jalopy.avi

This is what I did with my SteerBot as well as
later steering robots that I have built but not documented.
Documentation is also why I used a standard roverbot to demonstrate my
sensor, building instruction for my steerbot car (RIS only parts) are not
yet ready...

Here is my SteerBot page.
www.lugnet.com/~726/SteerBot

Here is a photo of a more recent front wheel steering line tracker that
would take this sensor nicely.
www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=258376

Would work fine, the guidance sensor works as a differential sensor, and
should behave just like your dual light sensor equipment.

Cheers,

Philo
www.philohome.com