 Robotics / 16515
Re: Building Robots with Lego Mindstorms (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 02:52:00 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Keith Smith writes:
Be aware that if you attempt to buy this from the Syngress web site and you
are outside of the US it will take 1-2 days to authorise before you can
download!

This is only mentioned on the web site AFTER they have taken your credit
card details and confirmed your order!

Very poor.

Keith Smith

Keith -
Agreed.  That's poor.

Despite that, I still ordered the book from them, in hopes that being a US
customer, I'd be able to download immediately.  No such luck - the
https://www.syngress.com/download/sg_main.cfm page lets me select the
Mindstorms title I just bought, but doesn't start the download as expected.
I've tried tricking it, other links, etc.  I'll have to spin of an eMail to
this publisher now...maybe they'll send the physical book as a treat
sometime in the future.  *sigh*

Good luck to those ordering from Syngress.

Ed