 Robotics / 16514
Re: So how do we do this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:28:17 GMT

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Steve Baker wrote:

Does anyone know how these things really work?

I've seen the bugs, haven't tried one yet. $40/ea. doesn't seem to steep
though you do need two if you want to 'fight'.

Nervous Nets come from the work of Mark Tilden at Los Alamos. He's been
building them for about 10 years now. They're similar to the BEAM robot
approach. Think of relaxation oscillators in a network.

Traditionaly you build them out of old floppy drives and the odd solar
cell.

Mark and his bugs has appeared on various science shows on cable for quite
a few years now.

             Day by day the Penguins are making me lose my mind.

                                             Bumper Sticker

       The Armadillo Group       ,::////;::-.          James Choate
       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage@ssz.com
       www.ssz.com            .',  ||||    `/( e\      512-451-7087