 Robotics / 16513
Re: RCX with repeated amnesia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 19:57:43 GMT

I've got one that does the same thing.  I can't help you fix the problem,
but perhaps I can shed some light on the cause.

My poor RCX got amnesia after receiving a severe mechanical agitation
resulting from the catastrophic failure of a two-legged walker.  Since then,
it seems that if I place the RCX under stress or mess with the battery cover
I risk bringing on another bout of 'amnesia'.  I'd assumed that I'd loosened
a battery terminal, but I've yet to get too frustrated with the situation to
try and fix it.

I wonder if Lego will offer a 'repair' service at a reasonable price.  I'm
sure with all those robots bangin' into walls and such, there would be a
demand for it.

Rich