 Robotics / 15486
Re: High Strength Powered Steerable pivot wheel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 21:21:40 GMT

IN my design the motor and wheel assembly are one unit.  The problem has
been keeping the rotation point stong enough.  Hopefully I can play around
with some things this weekend.  I will probably order the large turntables
from pitsco.  They should help.

In lugnet.robotics, Scot Wilcoxon writes:
Did you consider rotating the entire motor/wheel assembly?

The advantage is that you don't need a drive to go through the rotating
components, as a flexible wire can deal with the movement.

The disadvantage is that it's difficult to make a rotating device which
can deal with the vertical forces involved in the "shrimp" design.