 Robotics / 15478
Re: SHRIMP building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 00:17:03 GMT

Slight correction to ASCII art in last post:
Mario Ferrari wrote:

"Brian B. Alano" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote:
In the near term, I've opted out of the "steer in place" requirement. That • way I
go from four outputs to two. With an 8-wheel SHRIMP, I steer like a • four-wheel
steered (FWS) car does at low speed.

You drive all the wheels together in the same direction (first output), and
use a motor to steer the front and rear groups in sync (second output). Is
this what you mean?

Yes, something like this:
| is a wheel pointed straight, \ and / are wheel turned left or right
= is the body

Going straight:
|  |
|==|
|==|
|  |

Turning left:
\  \
|==|
|==|
/  /

Turning right:
/  /
|==|
|==|
\  \

Disclaimer: I haven't actually tried this yet!