 Robotics / 15470
Re: High Strength Powered Steerable pivot wheel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 16:50:24 GMT

"Nickle, Steven (2511)" <Steven.Nickle@esavio.com> wrote:
I was unfamiliar with that turntable.  I will have to see if I can find
some.  Anybody know of an esay to find kit that include them?

I only need two:  Front and rear.

I think that no current set includes them. But it's available as spare part
in the Pitsco/DACTAcatalog (US only).

The steering is handle mainly by the front and rear with the side wheels
driven like a tank.

This is actually the same solution I was thinking to implement: steerable
front and rear wheels and side wheels driven like tracks. I didn't find any
time to experiment with the steerable SHRIMP yet, so have no direct
experience with the joint problem. I would have tried the vertical axle
solution too :-)

Did you try and connect the axle in two points at some studs of distance (in
height)? This should make the joint more robust and reduce the torsion in
the connection point.

Mario