 Robotics / 15466
Re: High Strength Powered Steerable pivot wheel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 15:18:35 GMT

I was unfamiliar with that turntable.  I will have to see if I can find
some.  Anybody know of an esay to find kit that include them?

I only need two:  Front and rear.

The steering is handle mainly by the front and rear with the side wheels
driven like a tank.

In lugnet.robotics, Simon Bennett writes:

Do you need to steer each wheel independently?  The only really strong
turntable element you can also pass a drive through is the Technic Turntable
(2855/2856 on Partsref) but you would need six.  The internal teeth would
make it easy to drive the steering though.  You may be able to put one on
the front wheel, steer the bogies of the mid wheels and leave the back one
which would cut it down to three.

I'm sure someone else will have a better idea though.

Psi