 Robotics / 14728
Re: Extreme Mindstorms Book Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 22:10:52 GMT

For an advanced user, you will enjoy this book. I brings together some of
the best of people.
Michael Gasperi's part four in the book gets into passive and powered
sensors. There include, the coin detector, Stick in ring switch,  Thermistor
temp sensor, A crude camera, Galvanic skin response, Battery tester, etc.
Then he gets into home brew Powered sensors, Optointerupter, light sensor.
These are in detail so they can be built by a first time electronic builder.
Dave Baum contributes some additional programming in NQC.
There is a section on pbForth and LegOS programming.
Well worth having.

--
Bob Fay
rfay@we.mediaone.net

http://bobfay.users5.50megs.com/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/7900/
"DJA" <dastolfo1@home.com> wrote in message news:GArJ0C.L5G@lugnet.com...
Hi all,

I am looking at buying the book - Extreme Mindstorms. Any comments • welcome.
I am an advanced user, and am looking for some ideas.
For those who have it, what customized sensors do they provide • instructions
to build?

Dave