 Robotics / 14379
14378  |  14380
Subject:
What are all those lego companies?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 05:14:41 GMT

Hi there,
I maid have some stupid questions (even if there is no such thing, only
stupid answers exist), but I want to start my search of knowledge from the
very beginning.

I just ordered a RIS 1.5 and can't wait until I get it.

I'm completely new to Lego, robotics and programming, but I believe it's a
good time to jump on the train (I know it already has left the station, but
I got a fast horse (I hope):>)

Now I wonder if I can exchange parts from those different Lego companies (if
these are companies and not just product lines), like "Dacta", "Mindstorms",
"Technic", "Znap"?

Are all parts, like beams, bricks, electro motors, rotation sensor, angle
sensor from different companies/product lines the same parts, e.g.
Mindstorms rotation sensor# 9756 and Dacta Angle sensor#9891?

How many more companies/product lines are there?

If these are different companies, where are they located?

This shows you how new I am to Lego, I never had them as a child (I was
playing with girls instead ;>), but now it's my time for the Legos (settled
down with one girl (my wife):>)
I went to legos site and Mindstorms site, but could not find any information
on these questions, except that Lego is in Denmark.

--

David