 Robotics / 14440
Re: A big hail to all of you.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 22:20:28 GMT

Cyborg wrote:

You should definitely not argue about different styles or ways how each
individual programmer writes code or what he calls it for that matter,

Programmers have been arguing about this since the early 60's...we all
know we'll never agree...I've *never* seen one of those debates end with
one programmer saying "Wow - you're right - I'll completely change my
programming style"...nope - never.

We also like to argue about:

   Which computer is best?
   Which text editor is best?
   Which programming language is best?
   Which operating system is best?

None of those debates ever come to a conclusion either.

As for me, I'm at the very beginning of this and I still have to think about
my tongue movements while speaking, so to say, but I felled the same way
when I heard the English language for the first time and knew I wanted to
learn it.

Programming is not that special as skills go...but one observation I have is
that it's something that's VERY hard to teach.  You can teach people the rules
and how to write programs - but to get good at it, you have to PRACTICE...LOTS
AND LOTS OF PRACTICE!

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
              WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>