 Robotics / 14439
14438  |  14440
Subject:
A big hail to all of you.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 22:05:34 GMT

Thanks again for clearing this up,
now I understand the reason behind it, why there is a certain way how you
write code (and it makes sense too)
I hope in a year from now I can write code in NQC at least as efficient as I
can write an email in English (simple, but with the result I need :>)

I was always fascinated by Albert Einstein, the way his mind must have been
working and I'm equally fascinated by people like you, who can sit down on a
computer and start writing code to make something work or better said
creating something (program, robot etc.).
So, give each other a big hug, look in a mirror and say:
"Man/Woman am I good".

You should definitely not argue about different styles or ways how each
individual programmer writes code or what he calls it for that matter, you
must acknowledge, that all of you belong to a very elite group of humans and
that you are very fortunate to have this talent of understanding and
controlling "things".
As for me, I'm at the very beginning of this and I still have to think about
my tongue movements while speaking, so to say, but I felled the same way
when I heard the English language for the first time and knew I wanted to
learn it.
Only through asking lots of questions and listening to lots of people, radio
and tv, was I able to learn it.
I will never be as good as someone who was born in an English speaking
country, but I certainly can find my way around.
The same I hope I will be able to accomplish with a programming language
like NQC.
I probably will never be anywhere close as good as you guys are, but I will
be happy when I reach certain goals I have set and when ever I get stuck I
know where to find someone who can help me.

A big hail to all of you.

--

David