 Robotics / 14428
Re: What are all those lego companies?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 05:00:28 GMT

Most of us programmers don't do any thinking at all when it comes to code.

Evidently a Microsoft employee. (or maybe Lego S@H webpage designer??)
:-) (Sorry, I tried, but I just couldn't let that one go.) (-:
Maybe in what you do, but in my position I would still be looking for the
first piece of code. More power to you if you can fake it. I have to
actually write my own code.

When you learn to write your own code you'll probably have a different
opinion. You should be thankfull that some people actually wrote that code
for you to use. You must be very bored in you job searching for the exact
prewriten code for the task you are trying to perform.

You're probably one of those guys who believe that if something does not
exists then you don't need it.

A touch grumpy today are we? Did you wake up on the wrong side of bed
this morning??

You might consider the possibility that he actually wrote these small
snippets of code over his 30 years of programming. Done properly, the
code can be written in general terms such that it can be linked
anywhere it is needed. As long as the code receives and returns
parameters and doesn't therefor use any program-specific variables it
can be reused. It is more difficult to do, and requires a bit more
forethought but the long-term benefits are enormous. Only a fool would
re-write something that they had done before. His approach is actually
quite intelligent.

Matthias Jetleb
VA3-MWJ