 Robotics / 1415
Re: Robotics in Aussie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:07:40 GMT

In message <3674F1D6.DE43C9BC@ic.ac.uk>, Kin W. Lau <kin.lau@ic.ac.uk>
writes

CyberUser wrote:
I now see the Cybermaster as an evolutionary improvement over the
Mindstorms, as radio control IMO is better than IR. You don't need to
download the firmware either.

One quick question, is the Cybermaster software as easy to "hack" as the
Mindstorm OS.

The way I understand it is that the firmware which needed to be
downloaded to the Mindstorms chip, allowing Lego to issue any fixes or
new versions, is now burnt into the Cybermaster chip and cannot be
changed.

So if you mean can it be altered, the answer is no. Or you could mean, "
Is the firmware code readable ?". Good question! I assume it is a
different version of OS to that used in Mindstorms as it has Tacho
processing added. The Spirit.OCX is the same however.

I have tried to answer this, as I made the original statement, but
perhaps others on here could clarify things for us, please.

Dennis