 Robotics / 1328
Re: Robotics in Aussie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 10:42:01 GMT

The cybermaster is just about to be released, but
the mindstorms seems so much greater.
can anyone tell me if [CyberMaster] is worth AUS$400 for a
CyberMaster or should I wait for the MindStorm

I've found out that a CyberMaster is worth every penny of it! :-)
I'm very happy with it, since it goes with my tendency to make vehicles instead of more static bots.
Also, it's radio link makes it possible to use the "higher intelligence" and the flexibility of the PC into the CyberMaster almost like if it was CyberMaster based!!
Also, the integrated Tachos are one of the things those who have a RCX will never get close to have with the rotation sensors (Tachos have much better resolution).
The drawback of the CyberMaster is the memory limitation, something stops worrying you the moment you learn how to make the PC "think" for the CyberMaster.

Resuming:
CyberMaster is *great* for making vehicles and with projects that involve the PC at runtime.
MindStorms is great with more autonomous bots that work alone. Also, the RCX is better if you want to experiment with new sensors and want more liberty with motors.

Laurentino Martins

[lau@mail.telepac.pt]
[http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/]