 Robotics / 13920
Re: Need for chat server?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 23:37:26 GMT

Hi all,

I was just curious if there is any interest in having an IRC chat server
for this mailing list. I manage a chat server for a major gaming company,
so I have the experience in installing, maintaining, and securing a chat
server. I can provide the machine as well.

I would love to see a IRC chat server for lego-robotics! I believe the
combination of mailinglist and IRC is perfect! IRC could bring people closer
together on talking about this hobby, and offering fast and realtime answers
and discussions. The mailinglist on the other hand is perfect for its
archives, the profound solutions and answers.

I can hardly wait to see it! When would you plan to start it, and on which
IRC-net?

Visit my homepage
http://home.hccnet.nl/jv.stap/