 Robotics / 11121
Re: New user Needs Help from Any one who will....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 22:41:49 GMT

deanns wrote:

I am a new user of the Ris 1.5 system.   I was hoping this list might help
me- a totally Blind user of the kit with building instructions for the
basic robots.  The materials in the kit demonstrate the building of the
robots with pictures.  Since I use speech with my computer it does not
recognize the pictures.

I too use Speech to program my designs. (Dragon).

I also have difficulty with the picture based programming options.

I can also wholeheartedly suggest using NQC. I see you have his book and should
know where to get the software from. NQC is also the unofficial standard for
programming the RCX. (With the standard Firmware)

IF you have any other questions of me, you can email me. Thanks.

Dean
--
TFM's Home Page: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html