 Robotics / 11117
11116  |  11118
Subject:
New user Needs Help from Any one who will....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 19:34:44 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello to everyone on the list;

I am a new user of the Ris 1.5 system.   I was hoping this list might help
me- a totally Blind user of the kit with building instructions for the
basic robots.  The materials in the kit demonstrate the building of the
robots with pictures.  Since I use speech with my computer it does not
recognize the pictures.  Thus here I have this marvelous kit and no way to
learn how to build even the simplest robot.  I can program and don't worry
about that aspect of working with the system.  I am not out to copy any
designs only learn.  I have joined all web rings mailing , and user list
boards I have so far come across.  I have sent a e-mail to the tech support
at the mind spring members site.  I have bought Dave's book.

I know what I am asking is allot!   Since I have not seen a lego kit in
some time and now understand you must put this color brick with that color
gear.  Yet with help I truly believe a blind person can build useful
working robots.  Why would a blind person want to build?  Think of the
fetchbot created by Ben.  To have a little robot fetch a dropped and thus
lost object is an incredible ideal.  If any one would be willing to tell me
where I can retrieve descriptions of the different parts of the ris 1.5 kit
in text or PDF form I would appreciate it.  Also any suggestions would be
appreciated..  I am going to keep on  " building" my understanding until
reaching the goals of building is possible.  Please write and Join me in my
effort.  It is so much easier to take a picture of a model then set down a
step by step description of the building process in text form.  yet the
process of building did occur step by step now only if those steps could be
written down.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Pat

My address to prevent the list from being dumped " hopefully" with this
information is:
deanns@bluemoon.net

I hope to hear from you soon!