 Robotics / 11130
11129  |  11131
Subject:
OK-CONTEST #5 (Online contest for mindstorms users)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:02:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello to everyone on the list;

I am very pleased to announce that OK-CONTEST #5.

* What is OK-CONTEST ?
  OK-CONTEST is MINDSTORMS robotics on-line contest by
  managed with volunteer.

* What is the meaning of the ON-LINE contest?
  The participant participates by using the Internet.
  And contest progresses according to the following procedures.

  Step 1: send registration mail to OK-CONTEST volunteer.
  Step 2: volunteer sends the entry number and the password.
  Step 3: participant makes the robot according to the rule.
  Step 4: record is taken by according to the rule.
  Step 5: takes a picture of the robot with the digital camera and the
          image and measurement result is update by web browser.

  Step 6: OK-CONTEST System processes:
          6.1 image is processed shading off. (protect idea)
          6.2 order which the image is present to web page.

  Step 7: Until end of game,  The participant improves the robot.

  Step 8: When the game ends, an original image and the record
          are opened to the public.

  Step 9: The participant  votes on the robot which you thinks
          excellent.

  Step 10: Poll results are opened to the public at the end.

This ok-contest was held four times in Japan last year.
and 150 robots or more participated.

This time an my friend help to translation contest rule and
FAQ.  so please take look at following URL

http://207.236.16.161/JinSato/MindStorms/Contest/No5/index-e.html

Participation expense :
  Free

Summary of OK-CONTEST #5:

  This is a game that a robot goes over in space between two boxes
located in distance.

  The distance of two boxes starts from 5 cm and becomes wider as
the robot can complete each task.

  Participants will bit for distance.
Of course the winner is the one who made the longest distance
  An award will be given in each category: 5cm - 10 cm Award,
10 cm - 20 cm Award, 20 cm - 30 cm Award

Schedule:
March 27 Acceptance beginning & Game start
April 17 Acceptance end
April 18 Opening of image of robot to the public & Voteing begin
April 21 Voteing end
April 22 Result opening to the public

Note:
The English version was translated from Japanese by non native
English speaker without proof reading.
If you would like to help to improve its quality of English
voluntarily, please contact at yfurumoto@japancommunications.com
or jinsato@magi.com

In some web page  that Japanese has mixed with English,
However, I think that we  can communications in a common language
named LEGO Brock.

Finaly
  I hope we can plays together.

Jin Sato * jinsato@magi.com