 Robotics / 11122
Re: Making Lego airborne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 00:24:11 GMT

Grant Elliott wrote:

snip... I would recommend buying one of the
free-flight helicopters and attaching micromotors to a make-shift rudder and
tail.  You'll definately get enough lift to carry the RCX (you won't get it
off the ground any other way).  Some sensors would be nice, but you'd have to
rig up an altimiter and a gyroscopic sensor for pitch (you can rig one of
these out of two angle sensors and a weight).  I might actually try this,
sometime.  Sounds like fun. ...

unsnip

If you do plan to launch one, please send it toward:

Lat, Lon:    37.377, -122.017

I'd love another RCX  ;)

-Phil

..who couldn't help it...