 Robotics / 10295
Re: Positioning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 19:03:49 GMT

David Leeper wrote:

Hi Carsten,

The other day I was trying to get to Target. I didn't know where the store
was, so I asked directions. I was told:

<i>Go down the street to the second light and make a left, go two more lights
and its on the right.</i>

Strange. There was no timing involved or counting the turns of wheels, but I
got there.

OTOH, how many mid-course corrections did you make as you walked down the
(linear, visible)
street to maintain the precise orientation when you reached the light?

Landmarks work if they are universally visible, but not if they are beyond the
apparent horizon.

--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
Scientific Atlanta            |