 Robotics / 10303
Re: Positioning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 21:01:44 GMT

Hi Steven,

Yes, and that way works very well, provided you have the storage space for the
environmental map and your relative map, and the environment doesn't change
from what's stored in the map. The storage space limitation can be reduced by
carefully choosing what you map and storing info in a compact way. You could
also store the map on the PC and control the robot directly. I don't know of a
solution to the changing environment problem, but if the robot is working in a
fairly static environment, the problem goes away.

David Leeper (thinks maps are cool)

In lugnet.robotics, Steven Vore writes:
It seems to me that humans use landmarks to find there way.

that's one way. the other is to interalize a map and visualize your
reference to it. there was just a (short) article in Backpacker mag (the one
with "Europe" on the cover) on this.

--
-Steven  "Nothin' But Net!"  http://svore.mindspring.com/