 Publishing / 4120
Re: MOCpages is here -- Free web hosting for LEGO creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 04:55:53 GMT

Does anyone have an opinion on the "Conditions of use"; in particular, the
following section?

Reviews, user-created pages, and other content
4. We may reproduce your content.

http://www.mocpages.com/about/use.php

With all the explicit language that removes restrictions on what MOCpages
claims ownership to there's a glaring omission of what rights the creator
maintains. This appears to explicitly give MOCpages the right to, for example,
reproduce my pages in full, at full resolution, in a for-profit book or
magazine, without notice or my approval, and for MOCpages to sell these rights
to anyone it chooses. Worse, it allows MOCpages the right to modify that
content, or sell the right to do so to another party.

Compare that to Brickshelf...

"All Gallery content is property of the uploader, unless otherwise stated.
Everything else ©2002 Brickshelf L.L.C. All rights reserved."

Amy