 Publishing / 4094
Re: MOCpages is here -- Free web hosting for LEGO creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 00:47:11 GMT

Bruce:

In lugnet.publish, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
It's looking great.  I just went and uploaded a few things and the interface
works really well.  I asked a couple of questions the other day but they
got buried [..]

Glad you like it!  Sorry I missed your questions the other day.  I've been
pretty busy lately, so I don't get to peruse the message boards as much as I
would like.  I'll answer your questions from the other thread here:

1)  Do you mind if I'm basically using it to advertise my own
site?  [..] "for more of these, go to www.ozbricks.net/bricktales"
[..] Or would you rather reserve this as a resource for people without
other web hosting options?  I'm fine either way.

Go right ahead!  I created MOCpages for everyone... whether they know HTML
or not; whether they have another site or not; whatever!  I just want it to
be a place where people can share their LEGO creations and hook together all
the great resources that are out there now.  So I would never "restrict" the
use of it.

2)  One thing I can't find is simply a directory of the different
pages within MOCpages.  It is easy to sort by, for instance,
castle creations found across all the different builders' pages, but
a listing of the different builders with links to their top pages would
be nice.

Someone else also suggested this, and since it seems to be a popular
request, I will probably add it in the future.  For now, though, you can
only find people's web sites through the directory, the "recent" list, and
the search engine.

Cheers,
Sean

Sean Kenney
sean@mocpages.com
- - -
MOCpages :: Free web hosting for your LEGO creations