 Publishing / 3892
Re: Would like to know
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 22:36:52 GMT

"Erick" <erick_jensen@hotmail.com> writes:
I wonder... is that legal?

Legal?  can I get a hell no!!   HELL NO!!  But then who's gonna know?  Guess
what, if you taped Friends of tv or dubbed a copy of Austin Powers, that's
illegal too.

Not if it's a backup copy for your own use.  You can tape Friends as
long as you don't distribute the tape.  You can dub Austin Powers as
long as you own the original.

So you pick your morals I guess.  Would I steal a car or mug
and old lady?  Probably not, would I pirate a $600 peice of software that I
might use once a month?  OH HELL YES!!

It's a slippery slope, dude.  Stay away from it and you're nose will
be kept clean.

Advocating illegal activities in a public forum like this is probably
illegal, too, BTW.  But IANAL.

--Bill.

        Consistency is not really a human trait.
                         --Maude (from the film "Harold & Maude")