 Publishing / 3889
Re: Would like to know
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 17:59:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John Henry Kruer writes:
In lugnet.castle, Erick Jensen writes:

Get a sony digital camera, pick your cost, they're all nice.  And then get
on Kazaa and pirate a copy of Photoshop 6.0 or 7.0  and that costs the best
price... free!

e.

I wonder... is that legal?

Not particluarly. Any sharing of software or media that is sold to the general
public is technically stealing, with the exception of making a backup of a piece
of software.

My friend at school tried to exchange a Kazaa CD burned Photoshop for a
pencil, and I refused.

Good move!

What are the legal prediciments for Kazaa?  I mean, distributing software
for free online dosn't seem to be very legal.

It really isn't legal, although Kazaa gets around this by not having a
centralized server. Software is truly shared between two individuals, as opposed
to a server, which can be easily tracked down.

BTW, I agree about the Sony.  My DSC-P71 Cybershot is an excellent camera
with 3 optical zoom and 3 megapixels for only $400 max.

Me? I have an Olympus-210 Camedia. 2.1 megapixels, and 2x zoom. I'm very happy
with it!

Joe Meno
-JHK