 Publishing / 3139
Re: No more broken thumbnails!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 19:23:49 GMT

It sounds like you're not even getting the files to the server.
When you click on the upload link from a folder, you should get
the 'upload page'.  On that page is a box to enter the file
you want to upload, a browser button, and upload button and
a clear button.  While it is possible to type the filename
into the box, it's much easier to use the browser button to
select the file.  Once the file has been selected and the
full path shows in the box, you can then press the upload button.
Be sure to wait until a page comes back, if you do anything else
it will abort the upload.

KL

If you don't selet any file and just hit the upload button,
you will get the 500 Internal Server Error.  Likewise,
if for some reason the file you selected can't be uploaded
by the web browser (perhaps because of permission problems on
your disk/file server) you will get that error.  If the file
actually makes it to the server, you will get a page back,
even if the file  is junk or deleted by the server.
Make sure you have javascript on so you can get redirected
back to the folder after the upload and thumbnail generation
is complete.

In lugnet.publish, Andrzej M. Szlaga writes:
In lugnet.announce.brickshelf, Kevin Loch writes:

If you keep uploading a file, and it doesn't show up, make sure it's not a • zero
length file (on your computer), and try changing the file name to something
reasonable.  Try using just regular letters, numbers and a proper extension.
If it shows up as the default text icon (or some other generic icon used in • the
future), make sure the extension properly reflects the format of the file.

I couldn't upload any file and I can't do it now. "Internal server error".
When do you fix this?