 Publishing / 1458
Re: Updated my pages; new nanofig-scale starships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 19:02:59 GMT

In lugnet.build, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.build, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
http://www.io.com/~jsproat/lego/nanofig/index.html
Dang!--Wicked beautiful!!

Thanks!  :-,

The quality of the pics isn't the best; I'd gladly take suggestions on how
I can improve my digital camera skills.
Looks like you are working under lighting conditions too dark.  Try a
brighter light source or adding a couple more less-bright light sources.
If you get too much overexposure on the shiny bits, then also try diffusing
the light by bouncing it off a sheet of white tagboard.  HTH,

I was shooting the models around noon in my dining room -- I had too *much*
sunlight and had to close the blinds halfway.  However, I'm pretty sure I had
insufficient light from the other direction; I'll try setting up a lamp with a
white light-scattering surface on that end.

(I'm using a Sony Mavica, BTW.  In general, I've been impressed with the
quality I get with it, even though it's not a megapixel camera.)

Does having black felt cloth under the model affect the lighting at all?
Perhaps by screwing up the camera's contrast settings?  My Day In The Life Of
pics were taken in the same room, under the same conditions, except for the
black backdrop; they turned out fine.

Cheers,
- jsproat