 Publishing / 1270
Re: Choosing a Digital Camera/New Photos Up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:07:58 GMT

Frank Filz wrote in message <3857A4FB.33FA@mindspring.com>...

[ ... snipped ... ]

Too bad the production camera doesn't support the sample imaging which
Mike originally pointed me to. It showed a nice macro shot of a quarter.
This camera will not be able to do that (fixed focus 50cm to infinity).
I'm sure the chip is capable of the original samples, but this camera
doesn't have the optics to support it.

That being said, $100 is a nice price for a snapshot camera.

I agree on Frank's point about the focal lenght, it is unfortunate.

One other note, I poked around the Mustek web site some more and found that
the camera will indeed capture video.  It is listed in the detailed specs:
http://www.mustek.com.tw/html/prod_img/2CF/features.html#02

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh