 Promotional / 485
Re: US Shell Promotion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 04:09:37 GMT

only sets 2535-2544 were sold in California last time.  (They were all
$1.99, or $1.19 with a $10 purchase of gasoline.)  We kept hearing
rumors of 2554-2556 but as far as I know, no one ever saw them.

Saw 2554-bought one for myself and for Señor Sandlin.
Saw 2555-passed on all the copies of it.
Saw 2556-passed on it. Wish that I hadn't. Never saw it twice.

Given the chance (and knowledge that this was a So Cal only promo), I'd buy a
couple of copies of all of them and hold them for a bit. The Ferrari looked
fantastic and I'll never forgive myself for passing it up. 2554 is a great
little set. I highly recommend picking it up if you have a chance.

-Dave