 Pirates / 692
Re: Great Brickain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 10:39:23 GMT

(Odd Trivia Bit:  The Chinese treasure fleet of Hseng Ho in 1451 was the • largest
fleet ever assembled, tonnagewise, before the Allied fleet at the Battle • of
Leyte Gulf in 1944.  Some of the junks that sailed to East Africa were • over 200m
in length with six enormous masts, and the assembled fleet carried over • 40,000
people--and was commanded by a eunuch.  Go figure!  Let's just say that • these
are people who *know* how to sail...whether two masts or six.)

I suppose the eunuchs all sailed at half-mast....  (ok, bad joke!)

Seriously, though, a Chinese merchant / pirate fleet would be so cool!

Paul Davidson