 Pirates / 681
Re: Great Brickain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 13:56:02 GMT

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Richard Parsons (<Fqqv5v.DzC@lugnet.com>) wrote at
13:10:01

Excellent!  Historical, political satire - I love it!  And such economy of
words.  Do you guys get togther and practice this stuff?  Linday sets it up,
and Tony slams it down.  Its like a ballet, but with a 25lb mallet in the
other hand. I do love it so!

Hmmm. Perhaps I need to work on the subtlety a bit, then ;-)

Hey, anyone got good ideas for a brick-based
variation on France?  "The Repubrick of France?"
It sounds like I've got my mouth full.

I love it! Or is that 'rove it'? Ahh, you know what
those French sailors are like, roving all over the
place :-)

I think is a fine idea.  So far, we have the south west Pacific, the
Britain, and the Carribean. The French and Spanish would be good, together
with perhaps the Dutch.  Who else was hip and happening in the late 1700's
to mid 1800's?  No doubt the Train heads should be setting up America and
India, but who else had a decent navy/maritime contribution around then?

Possibly the Portuguese?

I think they were bigger earlier, though.

You can definitely include the US. Dunno about the Russians or Germans
though. Was there a Prussian navy?
--
Tony Priestman