 Pirates / 2975 (-20)
  Re: Hussars!

(...) Love these guys. With cloaks and epaulettes they strike just the right note - their haughty self-assuredness comes through in the images as surely as through the original oils. I'm trying to work out what Port Block would be doing with a bunch (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: How to make sea-side villages?

Hello! (...) In my opinion the land should be higher leveled than the docks. A port usually is founded at a place like a bay where the land is high and getting flatter towards the sea. This means you need bricks to elevate the land. Hrm... when I (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Hussars!

Ahoy! I've always likes James Howse's idea of Russian hats made from old style tyres (see pics at (URL) note: the use of tyres as hats dates back to at least 1975.) Nice hats, but not really in my prefered era or region. Recently, though, I was (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: How to make sea-side villages?

Hey I just got an idea, I might use it myself someday. I read all these results and they say use burps or buy lots of bulk tubs to get it up 6+ bricks high. This is my idea, get enough of the right color bricks for the visible parts, and then DUPLO (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: How to make sea-side villages?

(...) Ahoy, In Port Brique, the sea wall is 12-13 bricks high, with the dock located about half way up at 6 bricks high. The streets are created with 8x16 (or bigger) bricks located on top of the sea wall. The visible parts are red outlined in (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: How to make sea-side villages?

Frank, that was a truly awesome MOC of yours, and I thought it was perhaps the best part of the entire town. It would be great to see pics up some tme, when you have modified it. cheers Magnus (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MY CUSTOM MODELS NOW FOR SALE!!

(...) Kevin: your message was appropriate here only (please read group charters): (URL) it's really NOT cool to post advertising outside the market groups. -Suz LUGNET Admin (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to make sea-side villages?

(...) A combination of raised baseplates and rock pieces (BURPs etc) works for me, though this makes it around 6 high. Michael Dallaston (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: How to make sea-side villages?

(...) I wish I could easily point to some pictures of my contribution to the BrickFest castle town. I made a 6 brick high raised dock section, which has ramps down to the 1 brick high streets in the rest of the town. I put one shop at the street (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: How to make sea-side villages?

(...) Well, to handle the docks problem, you could build the dock 3-4 bricks high, then put a retaining wall on the village side so the water won't flood. Then you can put ladders up to the dock. It works because you only need about a 2 brick high (...) (22 years ago, 21-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  How to make sea-side villages?

Hi all, I'm in the process of building a dock-side town and am wondering how to go about it. You see, I guess one would normally like to have docks which are 3-4 bricks high, but does that mean the entire village must be elevated by this much. How (...) (22 years ago, 21-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  MY CUSTOM MODELS NOW FOR SALE!!

Hiya all... Finally... the first of my CUSTOM SETS has gone on sale..!!! Thanx to michael at Ozbricks.com...: ) Go to: www.ozbricks.com And have a look in the Castle section under System....!!! This is the first of many I will be bringing out. They (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

To finally answer my own question, Red is better when it comes to quantity and size of sets (The Imperial Trading Post is about twice the size of Eldorado Fortress) but blue is better when it comes to which is worth more (red was a take off of blue (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Merchant Ship

(...) I completely agree - a central hull pack would be awesome - along with a mast pack! Or perhaps a series of small ships ($20-$25) - (100-150 peices; my ship has 109 peices) using the hull plate. Castle ships, pirate ships, ninja ships, explorer (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Merchant Ship

(...) I agree with the cannon part. What fun would it be if every ship had some sort of defense? There'd be no realistic way to board and plunder without getting half the men killed. Anyways, I can't wait until that day far in the future when you (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Merchant Ship

(...) Ahoy, Ben. Nice work! Although that's a very clever use of a hull centre section, I find they're far too valuable elsewhere (until S@H has a hull centre sections pack, anyway). Clever use of the small mast pieces for the square rigging. Real (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Merchant Ship

(...) Exactly! - The pirates have to get their plunder somewhere! (...) Unfortunately my old Lego collection has become "family property" at home (I have five younger siblings) and I am at college - but maybe sometime in the future I can build and (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Merchant Ship

(...) Of course, if they don't have an cannons they'll be easy pickings for all of those Lego pirates sailing around the seas (with only a much smaller contingent of Imperials to keep them in line). Very cute boat, BTW. I'd love to see it in ABS. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Merchant Ship

I made instructions for my "Merchant Ship" set and posted them on brickshelf: (URL) uses center hull base from a large pirate ship as the entire hull. I originally came up with a similar design in 1990 with my "Carribean Clipper" set. The aft of the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-another opinion question

(...) My answer to this often repeated question is here: (URL) down a few screens to "THOUGHTS ON PIRATE SHIPS". Frank (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact