 Pirates / 2974
Re: How to make sea-side villages?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 02:33:39 GMT

Hello!

I'm in the process of building a dock-side town and am wondering how to go
about it. You see, I guess one would normally like to have docks which are
3-4 bricks high, but does that mean the entire village must be elevated by
this much. How do other people handle this problem. Do they simply place
all of the town baseplates on stilts?

In my opinion the land should be higher leveled than the docks. A port
usually is founded at a place like a bay where the land is high and getting
flatter towards the sea. This means you need bricks to elevate the land.

Hrm... when I was younger I used the brown or yellow inner cartons of the
LEGO boxes to elevate my seaports. It was after all a pure LEGO solution...

Bye
Jojo