 Pirates / 2980
Re: How to make sea-side villages?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:31:19 GMT

Hi everyone,

Thanks all for offering so many useful suggestions. I have been very much
influenced by places like Port Block and Port Brique. I'll be sure to post
pictures as soon as I can.

Just a little background, I'm an Astronomer with great interest in the
history of navigation so I'm planning a 18th century town with a commission
from the Board of Longitude to establish an observatory for the purpose of
measuring star positions to greater accuracy, thus helping to prevent ships
from beaching themselves. I had the ideas for this about a year ago but was
greatly inspired recently when I visited the Royal Observatory in Cape
Town, South Africa which was built for just this purpose.

Anyway, the only building I have thus far completed is the observatory
itself with other buildings in various state of construction.

I look forward to sharing pictures soon.

Cheers,

Stephen