 Pirates / 2967
Re: How to make sea-side villages?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 01:48:59 GMT

Stephen Kane wrote:

Hi all,

I'm in the process of building a dock-side town and am wondering how to go
about it. You see, I guess one would normally like to have docks which are
3-4 bricks high, but does that mean the entire village must be elevated by
this much. How do other people handle this problem. Do they simply place
all of the town baseplates on stilts?

I wish I could easily point to some pictures of my contribution to the
BrickFest castle town. I made a 6 brick high raised dock section, which
has ramps down to the 1 brick high streets in the rest of the town. I
put one shop at the street level and the inn has a back door at street
level. Eventually, I may add another shop under the common room of the
inn which opens onto the street level. The other street level areas are
occupied by a warehouse and a tavern/game room, both with access to the
secret passage under one of the piers. One pier is 6 bricks high while
the other is 2.3 bricks high with a ramp down from the main dock level.

I thought the whole thing looked decent in combination with the rest of
the town (it helped of course that I supplied the whole waterfront so
there were no potential problems with height differences along the
waterfront).

Frank