 Pirates / 2933
  Which is better-Red or Blue?

Wassssssup everybody, This is pretty much just an opinion question. Which do you think was the better line of sets-The Imperial Guards line (red guys) of the earlier Soldiers line (blue guys). I don't think Armada needs to be mentioned because of (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

(...) Umm... Red. No Blue! Oh please! I can't decide, they are both so good. Please don't cast me into the Pit of Despair!! -Aaron- #279 (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

(...) From the strictest standpoint of sets... well, I'd go with the Guards -- *only* because I was too young to get my hands on the soldier sets when they were out. Not a qualitative assesment by any means at all... In practice, I like them both (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

(...) I prefer the Guards' Imperial Trading Post and Imperial Flagship to the Soldiers' ElDorado Fortress and Caribbean Clipper, so I'd have to give the nod to the Red Guys. Bruce (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

RED, I think cuz the Imperial Guards were later in the series. The sets got better as time went on, in my opinion. Red Rulz and Blue Droolz! (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

(...) I'll divide my vote: the best sets were those of the guards, the Imperial Trading Post is considerably better than the Eldorado Fortress. BUT I do prefer the blue uniforms... I used to give them blue legs, though - with white legs they look (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

(...) Agreed. (...) Not so sure about this.... blue legs? White is definitely consistent with French - as would be red and yellow. (I tried using yellow legs, but it just looked like they'd forgotten to put their pants on!). "Too french"? ROFL! (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

(...) Agreed. Remember, though, that the big sets weren't the only ones in the series... Sabre Island helps the blue cause a lot, but then the red side has cannon cove - and a greater number of sets, besides. But yes, on a set basis, red would win (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

(...) Portuguese Infantry during the Peninsular Wars... ;-) (...) Red is OK for the later 19th century (1870), but yellow? Maybe in Africa, I dunno... (...) What about with white or blue hips, and yellow legs? Does it work? (...) Well, huh... yes! (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

(...) Or, indeed (after a little googling), Napoleonic French light infantry ;-) (...) I'll have to get back to you on that one (google was not my friend for yellow pants!). I recall seeing French soldiers in yellow pants in the (2000?) French movie (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

(...) Those too. Actually, I don't use them as Napoleonic Infantry, I tend to use them as Soldiers from the Portuguese Civil War (1826-1834). These are the Constitutionalists, the Absolutist army should be predominantly brown. However, since my city (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

(...) Sounds about right! Actually, I'm getting over the shock of seeing a local production of Les Miserable last Friday night.... the guards at Toulon, the soldiers wandering the red light district of Montreuil-su-Mer and the Sergeant of Waterloo (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

Hello! (...) Well, I like the earlier blue guys the better than the red guys. Maybe mostley because I've got more of the blue than of the reds. And the red Soldiers are just replications of the blue Soldiers which I than found was a bit poor... (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Which is better-Red or Blue?

To finally answer my own question, Red is better when it comes to quantity and size of sets (The Imperial Trading Post is about twice the size of Eldorado Fortress) but blue is better when it comes to which is worth more (red was a take off of blue (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)