 Pirates / 2715 (-20)
  Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025

(...) I would hardly call Harry Potter 'Castle'. Sure it has some good accessory pieces, but what sort of medieval army could you slap together? Schoolkids? Starwars is more debatable, but it certainly ain't 'space' like the old themes. As for Lom, (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025

(...) Say again? Aaron, check out Harry Potter-- that *is* a castle theme with a least a dozen new sets in the past few years, as is Star Wars a *Space* theme with dozens of sets, and that's not even counting LoM. What more do you want?? I'm not (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: My pathetic FOTW

(...) Holy Cow! How did you NOT know that you had those? What was the total of soldiers you got out of the box? Pretty impressive find! I think I would look around some more and make sure I wasn't missing anything else if I were you. haha Gee, I (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  My pathetic FOTW

Well, I uploaded it a while ago. Hopefully someday they'll ok this folder: (URL) is pathetic because it comes from my own garage. I didn't even know I had it for the last five years or so. It comes from a period of my life where I recklessly bought (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: La Grand Frogees and The Imperial Limeys

(...) Very impressive. I particularly like the chrome 'horse guard' cavalty types. Cheers Richie Dulin (22 years ago, 30-Jun-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  La Grand Frogees and The Imperial Limeys

Having recently gone through my castle collection and organized all the minifigs in it rather than have them dumped into a bin, I started doing this with my Pirates figs. (URL) is all my red and blue soldiers (plus the Black Guard hiding over with (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New Chamber Sets Pictures!!

(...) Likewise. This is excellent news for Pirateheads, who are always in need of stuff for forts and ships (those brown lattice panes = love personified!). XFUT -> .pirates LFB (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Fleet Week

Another tall ship post, I know it's off-topic for .pirates. The Danish tall ship DANMARK visits the U.S. from June 27. It will be in Baltimore during BrickFest. For the full schedule and about the ship, look here: (URL) EAGLE, it's also a training (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Captain Blackhole of the Blackstar

Pictures here: (URL) is a shot of the captain, his crew, his (stolen) droids, his treasure and the T3000 supercomputer he "appropriated" from the "grain hauler" he looted a few years back. blackskull1, blackskull2 and blackskull3 are pictures of (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle)

  HMLS Snottler III

Ahoy! I've uploaded some pics of the third in my line of SNOT hulled naval ships, this one is a modern Guided Missile Frigate, fully kitted out for modern warfare other roles. It was enveiled at LUG'OZ 2002 on Sunday. Blockade enforcement and Border (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military) !

  Re: Piratefest

I don't swing by lugnet.pirates too often. Did anything ever come of a St. Louis get together? (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Contemporary Pirate Fiction

(...) I agree whole heartedly Richard! The Hornblower stuff fits in great with Lego pirates! The telemovies were great inspiration for creating lego MOCs! Same goes for the recent "Mummy" pics for the Adventurers theme (but I'm getting off topic (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Contemporary Pirate Fiction

(...) Not really piratical itself, but in the period and great fun for me was the Hornblower saga: (URL) interest always leaned to the more military side of things :-) The recent English set of telemovies was pretty cool too, for those looking for a (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Contemporary Pirate Fiction

Shaun, Classical fiction- *my* absolute favorite pirate story is Rafael Sabatini's "Captain Blood" (great movie too), "The Sea-Hawk" is very good too and yes, of course "Treasure Island" by Robert Louis Stevenson. Contemporary fiction- George (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Contemporary Pirate Fiction

(...) Shaun, I've always enjoyed "Howard Pyles Book of Pirates" for enjoyable reading. His pictures are super too. He has another version of pirate stories entitled "Tales of Pirates and Buccaneers"! I believe that there are some stories repeated in (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Contemporary Pirate Fiction

Soooo, anybody have any good recommendations? A decent read is Wilbur Smith's "Bird of Prey", or something like that. IIRC, it's set along the African Coast. My favorite is, by far, Tim Powers' "On Stranger Tides". I *love* this book, consider it (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) I would rank them this way: (1) 6286, (2) 6285 (3) 6289. The 6289 was my first large ship to purchase. I can understand why you might prefer it at the moment. Wait until you build your first 6286 or 6285! Those are great models to put (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) (URL) also in reply to Bruce's post mentioned above), but my website has a more recent ranking. Frank (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

(...) Since it exists elsewhere - whoa, way back as Pirates message 315, you can read my rankings (and undoubtedly others if you follow the thread). (URL) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The next lego legend

Damn, I just checked out from the catalogue and noted that I made a mistake at the outset and throughout in our discussions. The one I have and which I said I personally prefer it to 6286 is 6289, which was re-released by Lego.com and is the only (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact