 Pirates / 2704
Re: Contemporary Pirate Fiction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:41:07 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Shaun Sullivan writes:

SNIP

Not really piratical itself, but in the period and great fun for me was the
Hornblower saga:  http://verax.home.mindspring.com/horatio.html

My interest always leaned to the more military side of things :-)

The recent English set of telemovies was pretty cool too, for those looking
for a taste of the life, and plenty of maritime moc inspiration (and now
available on DVD!): http://www.aande.com/tv/shows/horatio/

Richard
Still baldly going...
http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/welcome.htm

I agree whole heartedly Richard!  The Hornblower stuff fits in great with
Lego pirates!  The telemovies were great inspiration for creating lego MOCs!
Same goes for the recent "Mummy" pics for the Adventurers theme (but I'm
getting off topic here).  If someone hasn't seen the Horatio shows, then
they might try the video rental places.  I've seen them for rent at a few
stores!
There are also many books on Pirates that are reference type books that are
fun to read as well.  Not fiction, but good stories nonetheless!  You can
find sources on the internet that will provide information too.  One of my
favorites is this one:

http://www.sonic.net/~press/#Pirate%20Games

It gives all kinds of links to pirate interests!
-Tom