 People / 590
Re: Purimish fun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:57:45 GMT

[X-FUT .off-topic.debate, just to be safe]
In lugnet.people, Dan Boger writes:

btw, isn't the devil a non-jewish thingum? ;)

Depends on what you mean by 'devil'.  Do you mean the guy in a red suit with
horns and a pointy tail, carrying a trident?  Yeah, that probably is non-
Jewish.  Non-Christian, too, although it's a bit of mythology made up *by*
Christians (I think).

But the serious concept of the fallen archangel, cast out of Heaven for
leading a revolt against the Father Almighty, has a fairly prominent role in
the bible.  I think the fall is recorded in Genesis, and the Devil has a big
job in Job.

Steve