 People / 4577
  Re: lowering noise

(...) I was looking in this (URL) past thread> and couldn't find the bit where you called for yourself to be banned in it? Perhaps you could point me to the correct posts. Although perhaps you don't consider that flaming? I'll tell you what though, (...) (18 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: lowering noise

(...) Actually, that's not what I consider flaming. The tone was respectful, and seemed to be mostly looking for information. It would be nice if more disagreements were conducted in this type of format. (...) Yes, it does become difficult. That's (...) (18 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: lowering noise

(...) I don't consider it respectful and nor did Todd or Lenny from what I could see. I find the whole thread very distasteful and would be very unhappy to see more like it. Out of interest do you find (URL) this post> respectful? (...) If Mark had (...) (18 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: lowering noise

(...) I hadn't seen that thread, but having just looked at it I have to agree with Kelly-- Mark was not flaming at all. In the post you cite above I sense Mark's frustration at the reaction he got from his question, which, while perhaps indelicate, (...) (18 years ago, 8-Apr-06, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: lowering noise

(...) I find this interesting. I obviously have a different opinion of what constitutes flaming. Calling people "lackeys" seems like flaming to me. As does comparing them to "Baghdad Bob". Could you explain to me why this is not flaming? On a (...) (18 years ago, 8-Apr-06, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: lowering noise

(...) I won't speak for Mark, as I know he's perfectly capable of speaking clearly for himself. The question originally posed by Frank was echoed by Mark, and I find myself wondering the same thing. I think you and I are having two separate (...) (18 years ago, 8-Apr-06, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: lowering noise

(...) No, I agree with you that he should not have said "Baghdad Bob" and that it serves no good purpose to call someone a lackey. But of *all* the instances of provocation that have occurred over the years on Lugnet I would say this is very minor, (...) (18 years ago, 8-Apr-06, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: lowering noise

(...) I don't find myself wondering it because, as I have said, perceptions of trolling etc. are dependent on personal perception whereas Eric's original breach was not. It is the same for where one directs posts (marketplace ads being a specific (...) (18 years ago, 8-Apr-06, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: lowering noise

--SNIP-- (...) I wouldn't. I would find it very offensive to be called a lackey after telling someone off for something very rude (hijacking a singles ad post to make an argument). (...) You have derided the same things as Mark and now defend him, (...) (18 years ago, 8-Apr-06, to lugnet.people, FTX)