 People / 2887
Re: Heads are rolling...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:53:21 GMT

Kevin Salm wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.nc, Frank Filz writes:
Well, my project at IBM just got axed today. We have 30 days to find a
new job within IBM and a decent severance package after that.

This is rotten news, especially if totally unexpected.  Perhaps a little time
off from work to build with Lego will be in order. :)

It's not totally unexpected though I had hoped an alternate project
would have been kicked off and at least some action to recover the
investment of the current project. I will be taking some time to play,
but I'm also going to be serious about the job search because I don't
want to end up six months from now wishing I had been more diligent.

Hey, now I don't have to feel guilty about bidding against Frank on Ebay; I
can
consider it doing him a favor since Frank should not be spending cash on Lego
these days.

Well, you'll notice I let you have some windows yesterday...

Perhaps you might want to consider becoming a Lego _SELLER_ for a while.  This
would keep you busy and also be a modest source of cash.  You have bought so
much cool stuff that I look forward to the day ffilz opens a Brickbay shop.

I do need to open a BrickBay store. I've got 4 or 5 boxes of surplus
parts. My real problem is that while much of what I will be selling is
in new condition, some is used, and while some amount of the new stuff
has gone directly into storage bags in the surplus box, other stuff has
gone into my main storage which has had used mixed in. I will probably
identify items from such bags as "like new" unless the part is obviously
of lower quality.

Frank