Re: Heads are rolling...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.va.ric
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:50:00 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.nc, Frank Filz writes:
Well, my project at IBM just got axed today. We have 30 days to find a
new job within IBM and a decent severance package after that. I still
plan on attending BricksWest and local events in the next few weeks (I
think I will be coming up to Richmond this weekend - I need to pace
myself with some fun). I have a very promising job lead in San Jose with
the IBM Almaden Research Center with the manager I worked with when I
went out there just over a year ago. While that job would likely cut
back on my LEGO spending, I think I will enjoy the area with plenty of
activity in my two most important communities (LEGO and church). The bad
news is that there aren't many IBM opportunities locally and a lot of
folks competing for them.

Frank,

Best of luck. We just took about a 10% reduction here, thankfully I'm still
employed.

George