 People / 241
Re: Lugnet Loves Cats!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 18:05:12 GMT

In lugnet.people, Frank Filz writes:

Hmm, tossing out some silly thoughts as to why we might like cats more than
dogs:

- cats are less likely to destroy LEGO bricks (though they have just as much
capability to destroy your creations).

I agree to the first part - I don't have a dog or a cat (1) but a few years
back I was visiting family friends, they had a dog. Me and my sister just
bought a new paradisa set, and, being the little girls we were (2), we
couldn't wait to open the "cool new set". Consequently, the girl minifig fell
on the floor, and the dog bit it... That, I think, is the only ruined piece I
own, with a hole in the back... (For years, my sister never touched the
unfortunate minifig. She was isolated from the crowd, bearing a mark on her
back... ;-)

- cats don't need to be walked, walking the dog takes away from time to play
well

That seems reasonable.

- dogs require bigger houses/apartments, paying mortgage/rent on a bigger
place leaves less money for LEGO

Also, the dog takes the space required for LEGO.

All these reasons, actually, are not reasons for LEGO people not to like dogs,
but for dog-lovers not to like LEGO. (I hope you know what I mean. It's not
really the same thing.) So I guess it all boils down to the question - what do
you like *better*, dogs or LEGO. And most people won't be both. (3)

BTW, you cat owners (and dog-owners too) are lucky. (1)

-Shiri

(1) I'm allergic to both :-(
(2) five years ago
(3) Sorry if I exaggerated with the logic lesson.