 People / 236
Re: Lugnet Loves Cats!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 14:07:26 GMT

In lugnet.people, Frank Filz writes:

Patricia Schempp wrote in message <38378630.D9290152@clemson.edu>...
Looking through the members who have joined so far, I've noticed a far
bigger percentage like cats than dogs.  I think this is very interesting
and would love to see some statistics like this someday about the about
the members.  Nothing that would jeopordize privacy, just the
percentages of male/female, age range, cats vs dogs etc.

Hmm, tossing out some silly thoughts as to why we might like cats more than
dogs:

- cats are less likely to destroy LEGO bricks (though they have just as much
capability to destroy your creations).

I disagree(NOTE: I own a dog and my cat died a few years ago from cancer)  My
cat always jumped up on my LEGO table and kidnapped minifigs on a regular
basis.  Luckily she never bit them up.  She also left some huge furballs which
were like giant tumbleweeds to my wild west folks.  On the other hand, if a
LEGO piece fell off the table my dog might come and sniff it, but thats it.
Of course, that behavior might lend credit to your macho theory

- dogs are more macho pets than cats, playing with LEGO is not macho...

See above.

- cats don't need to be walked, walking the dog takes away from time to play
well

Luckily my dog walks himself, and I don't mind taking a FEW minutes off to go
play with him.

- dogs require bigger houses/apartments, paying mortgage/rent on a bigger
place leaves less money for LEGO

Not too sure, I've lived in a one-bedroom apartment with my dog and LEGO and
now am in a three-bedroom house.  Where I lived was never dog-dependant, and I
always spent the same amount on LEGO.

Definitely would like to see the distribution of ages (and when people came
out of their dark ages, if any). Of course any other compilations of
statistics would be interesting also.

Frank

Thankfully I never had a real dark-age.  Of course when I was younger I didn't
quite have the financial means that I have now.

Dan M.