 Parts / Modification / *109 (-20)
  Small battery box into 9V powersource?

I'd like a small powersource I can plug into a wall, and I've got a small 9V battery box that seems to have gone bad. The idea is to use a standard "wall wart" transformer to feed 9-12V DC into the small battery box. But, with all that lovely room (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Nice try (was Re: 12-foot bridge built in 2 hours on live TV

"Mark Riley" <markril@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:I4wyA3.8MI@lugnet.com... (...) Alright, who put the spy cam in my LEGO room *again*...?! (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Nice try (was Re: 12-foot bridge built in 2 hours on live TV

(...) Heheh, but you see, Lar has visions of you knee deep in ABS dust with scraps of disfigured LEGO strewn about in every corner of your workshop... :-) Mark (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@...e.DOT.com> wrote in message news:I4wpyn.tEF@lugnet.com... (...) Scout's honor... I have NEVER cut a baseplate. (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Nice try (was Re: 12-foot bridge built in 2 hours on live TV

(...) There is no way you can even try to say that with a straight face, is there? I could hear you snickering even though I'm in GA and you're in AR. Nice try though. (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@...e.DOT.com> wrote in message news:I4vxov.1DBD@lugnet.com... (...) Cutting baseplates!? That's sacrilege!!! (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: 12-foot bridge built in 2 hours on live TV

(...) That's what Xacto(r) knives are for! ... Er, did I just say that? (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: welcome to 'the dark side'

(...) I'm gonna "me too" on this one. Congratulations on your successfully "repair." C-Ya! Rich (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: welcome to 'the dark side'

Admitting you have a problem is the first step towards the cure. There's still hope for you yet! Congrats on you first successful mod! I look forward to seeing more from you now. Can't wait for the photos; especially those of dismembered bricks... (...) (20 years ago, 26-Sep-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  welcome to 'the dark side'

Hi, my name is John, and I've modded parts in a big project. (everyone): Hi, John! Yesterday morning featured the whining of the Dremel and the smell of melting ABS, as I worked on repairing the window I messed up in our Plummer Building project. (...) (20 years ago, 26-Sep-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: GP-38 MOC

(...) OK (7 URLs) Mat (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: GP-38 MOC

(...) How about some deep links until the folder is made public? Mike (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod)

  GP-38 MOC

I know that TLC is coming oout with a BNSF version of this. And that Jake has a version in his train book. But I wanted to do one myself. I had started by building the one in Jake's book. Then I went online and found several great sites for (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: I need some 'modding' expertise

(...) I have an idea that might work. Since the offending window is near the bottom (2nd floor) attack from that end. You could finish the highest level that is currently on the building so that the top is level. Then turn the whole structure upside (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: I need some 'modding' expertise

(...) I'll let you know after I've fixed it. Several GMLTC club members are going back down to Rochester this Saturday to finish up the building. I'm planning on taking a bunch of close-up pictures of my repair work. And yes, I'm keeping my fingers (...) (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: I need some 'modding' expertise

(...) John, First, how did this come out? Please report back to this post so that others can learn how you dealt with this. Second, your basement is HUGE! Todd (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@...e.DOT.com> wrote in message news:I4Er9o.u7H@lugnet.com... (...) Suggestion 2 is a good one Lar. I would have suggested that myself. The only caveat would be to be very careful on placement and prying. Some (...) (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@...e.DOT.com> wrote in message news:I4EtGH.16J4@lugnet.com... (...) Actually, there's another solution. Just send the building to me and I'll make the necessary repairs and ship it back. :P Seriously John, I'd (...) (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: I need some 'modding' expertise

(...) There are "spreader" clamps made for woodworking. Try online at some place like woodcrafters (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: I need some 'modding' expertise

(...) John, First off, Mark's idea of tape is a good one. I've done alot of plastic model building, most from scratch, and this can save you a bit of grief. Without a close up image ofthe windoe area, I'm only guessing. I'd avoid using the Dremel, (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact