 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 64 (-20)
  Re: The Next Meeting

I've got lots of track, several switches, and 4-5 motorized train cars (9volt) and other train components, that I am willing to sell. I thought I'd announce this here, first, in view of the train theme of the upcoming meeting. TJ, can you pass this (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  Re: The Next Meeting

(...) I'm not sure, but ask around in the trains newsgroup, they'll give you plenty of answers. ShawnG (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Next Meeting

(...) Excellent! I can build a 10 foot (approximate) bridge for double track. We can put 1 set of tracks in (10') and then see if we have enough for the rest of the layout. If we have some left over, the we can "track" the other half of the bridge (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: The Next Meeting

(...) Not a problem! ShawnG (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: The Next Meeting

(...) I just bought a lot of track so I own about 3 cases of straight, 6 cases of curved, one switching case and almost every train set from the last 6 years. Also I've already built one nice office building (I'll put pics on brickshelf- as soon as (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: The Next Meeting

In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Thomas Avery writes: <snip> (...) <snip> Okay, I'll go first. I don't have any specific train stuff (track, train motors, wheels, etc.), but I can provide some sort of structure. A bridge perhaps? Maybe something similar to (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Creation of the Month, etc

(...) Sorry, I meant to post this last week: (URL) been thinking about the next meeting quite a bit. It's just that real life gets in the way too often and I've put my Lego hobby off :-) (...) Yep, I agree. But I think a train layout is the best way (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  The Next Meeting

Howdy Texas AFOLs! It's time, once again, to have another meeting. Actually, the meeting won't be for a while yet(1), but we need to start thinking and planning for it. A few of us have discussed briefly of doing a large train layout(2) at the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  Woah There, Tex

Hi, fellow Texas AFOLs: First, on this Creation of the Month thing: (...) Well, sort of, except that I decided that first come, first post was the way I was going to do it. This avoids needless hurt feelings and slights. All someone has to do is (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Creation of the Month, etc

(...) Tom, That's a good point. If we are going to start a Creation of the Month on the website, we need guidelines, I guess. As far as I can tell from what Pat's said, the images of the creation, virtual or not, need to be JPEGs. It was also (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Creation of the Month, etc

(...) I haven't really thought about a Creation of the Month as of yet! Guess I'm not sure what's supposed to be taking place and what isn't? (...) When is the next meeting? Did we decide on February? And is the train layout agreed on? It's fine (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Creation of the Month, etc

So what's the scoop, fellow Texas AFOLs? Pat suggested starting a Creation of the Month, and some of us agreed that submitting a virtual creation was acceptable, and then it petered out. Is anyone going to start? The LCAD version of my cathedral is (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Texas AFOLs Now Have a New, Improved Website

(...) Wonderful job Pat!!! The site looks great! Thanks ShawnG (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Texas AFOLs Now Have a New, Improved Website

(...) Great job, Pat! james (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Texas AFOLs Now Have a New, Improved Website

Hey Texas AFOLs! In case you missed the .announce post from Pat: (...) Compliments to Pat for his hard work in creating this site. We have a "home" now! Check out the notes and pictures from our meeting on September 29th. Keep an eye on this site as (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  The End of Book II

Return of the epic or just a long short story? My friends, I bring to you, after much effort, the last chapter of the second book of the Chronicles of Ikros! Say that three times fast. So, I am proud to present: Chapter 20 of The Chronicles of Ikros (...) (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.publish) !

  Happy Halloween Lugnet!

I realize it's early, but... In the spirit of this pagan holiday, I made this... (URL) a fun, a safe, and a Happy Halloween Lugnet! --Anthony (URL) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.fun, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  New (old) Dragon Pics on Brickshelf

Friends, I've posted some LDrawn pics of my dragons on brickshelf, heres a sample (URL) rest can be found here (URL) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.sculpture)

  Tefol updated

Howdy again! I've updated the Tefol site with a list of people (55 total!). (URL) list is composed of "known AFOLs" in Texas. Please use this list if you need to contact fellow AFOLs in your area. Also, if you would like any information changed or (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  Photos Finally Posted from First Meeting

Hi All, The photos I took at the first meeting of "TEXLUG" on Sept 29, 2001 have been posted to: (URL) So have a look. Pat (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact