 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 55
Re: Creation of the Month, etc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 19:06:39 GMT

--- Tom Reed <Merthyn1@webtv.net> wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Laura Hayden writes:
So what's the scoop, fellow Texas AFOLs?  Pat
suggested starting a Creation of the Month, and • some
of us agreed that submitting a virtual creation was
acceptable, and then it petered out.  Is anyone • going
to start?  The LCAD version of my cathedral is not
quite done, but I am still working on it almost • every
day.
I haven't really thought about a Creation of the
Month as of yet!  Guess I'm
not sure what's supposed to be taking place and what
isn't?

Tom,
That's a good point.  If we are going to start a
Creation of the Month on the website, we need
guidelines, I guess.  As far as I can tell from what
Pat's said, the images of the creation, virtual or
not, need to be JPEGs.  It was also suggested that the
creator write something about it, which is a good
idea.
Background, design issues, stories about MOCs make
them much more interesting, and might bring more
people to our site, and will give people interested in
coming to a group meeting more of an idea what we are
about.

Other questions to be answered / agreed upon:
Who can submit Creations of the Month?  Anyone from
Texas?  People who have already come to a meeting
(which would limit things at first)?  I think that all
ideas should be considered, and only those creations
which we wouldn't want our kids to see should be
rejected.
Who decides what gets posted?  Pat, because he's the
site administrator?  That's fine with me.  How else
would we do it?

Also, I haven't heard anything else from people • about
their ideas for the layout for the next meeting...
When is the next meeting?  Did we decide on
February?  And is the train
layout agreed on?  It's fine with me!

If we are MOCing _Texas, Past, Present, and Future_
(?) should we do places that already exist or just
MOCs that fit into the theme?  Any opinions?
snip
I think anything that would fit into the theme is
fine!  I've been toying
with the idea of doing a longhorn steer!
hehheh..don't ask?

A steer sounds wonderful!  How big?  (oh, right, you
said don't ask.. )  ;-)

Do we have enough train enthusiasts to do a train
layout?  I don't have any train yet, but plan to
before next February.

I think February was agreed upon.  We didn't hammer it
down to any particular weekend...

I am just excited about getting together again, and
want to keep the energy alive!

Laura